Do you receive a lot of spam and junk email? Are you worried about safely opening an unknown email? Most spam is pretty obvious but many times we receive questionable email. You can actually utilize Outlook Express to see what's in an email without opening it.
• From your Inbox, right click on the message and choose Properties.
• Click on the Details tab.
• Click the Message Source button on the bottom.
• Maximize the Message Source window.
• You can now see the contents of the message and the type of attachment, if any, without the risk of launching any offending attachments and viruses.