On this page:
- Check That All Services are Running (followed by troubleshooting tips 1 & 2)
- Check That All Plugins Are Updated
- Check “Settings” in ND browser window (Chrome is preferred browser)
- Check on ndMail (if your firm is subscribed to the service.)
- Installed NetDocuments and Office Apps on Your iPhone or iPad
- Training Resources and Videos
- Permanent Page from NetDocs with Updated and Direct Download Links to All Applications
Check That All Services are Running
In your system tray (down by the clock) – you should have 3 or 4 ND icons – ndSync, ndOffice (you will log into these apps) and ndClick (this one does not have any options or settings, just make sure it’s there).
ndMail: If your firm is subscribed to ndMail – you will see a 4th icon for it. You should also see a pane/window for ndMail WITHIN an Outlook email (see step 3 below for ndMail checkup).
If you do not see the icons you expect to see then either 1) the plugin / app has been disabled or closed or 2) it was not installed or needs to be reinstalled.
Troubleshooting Step #1
Attempt to Open / Start the program. To do that, search for it from the Windows start button the way you would for any other program or app.
- Click the Windows Start button and start typing OR use the search bar in your taskbar to search for the plugin you are missing: ndClick – ndOffice – ndSync – ndMail
- If you find it….click on it to run / open it and see if that solves the problem. Note, you may need to log into the app.
Troubleshooting Step #2
Install or reinstall the NetDocuments plug-ins following the steps on these pages dependent upon the NetDocuments features your firm has:
- Resource Page for ndOffice + ndSync (includes how to install)
- Resource Page for ndOffice + ndSync + ndMail (includes how to install)
Check That All Plugins Are Updated
You should regularly check to make sure they are all running and up to date. If there is an update, you will see a notification on the popup, click to install updates. If you are logged out of a service, you will be prompted to log back in.
If you ever need to reinstall or the updates are being stubborn, you can go to this page to always re-download the latest versions.
Check “Settings” in ND browser window (Chrome is preferred browser)
- Open Chrome and log in to your NetDocuments Account
- Go to your name in the top right (Hi, “Adriana”)
- Select Settings > Application Settings
- Your setting should match these:
Check on ndMail (if your firm is subscribed to the service).
Open an Outlook email and look for a pane that looks like the screenshot below, it may be collapsed/closed – use the double arrows at the end of the pain to open/close it.
Have you installed NetDocuments and Office Apps on Your iPhone or iPad?
Be sure to visit and read this resource page from NetDocuments about their mobile apps and how they work.
- Search for the ND app for your iPhone, iPad, or Android devices in respective app stores. Quick links:
ND apps for iOS it on the iTunes app store
ND app for Androids on the Google Play Store
- Download, install and log into Microsoft Office apps for mobile devices. You should be logging into those apps with your Office 365 account. Please note, at this time, there is NO direct integration between ND mobile and the Outlook mobile app (only Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as of now).
- To connect ND to Word: Open the Word app and navigate to “Open” > Add a Service > Find NetDocuments in the list and click to login using your ND credentials. Be sure you have logged into Word using your Office 365 credentials.
Reminder: NetDocuments Training Guides and Videos
- NetDocuments Overview and Navigation
- ndMail Overview (for Office365 + Exchange and Outlook users only)
- Downloadable Quick Reference Guides:
- NetDocuments Support YouTube Page (12 tutorials)
- 2018 Demo for Pioneer (GREAT learning video, keeping in mind your firm may not have all the features shown in this video)