1) Installing NetDocuments Components (Windows)
- Begin by saving all your work and close all programs (especially Microsoft Office apps and PDF tools).
- Click each of the links below (one at a time) to download and install Windows desktop components for NetDocuments. Simply run through the install wizards accepting all settings and prompts. Do one at a time!
- Upon logging back in, look for the ndOffice Activity Center in your System Tray (right corner of your monitor by the system time). Click on it, to be prompted to log into your NetDocuments account. You should also see two other ND icons – one for ndSync and one for ndClick. Click on each an if prompted, log in using your ND credentials.
- Launch Word to confirm ND components are installed (go to File > Save As > Look for ND Save button).
- If you are an Office 365 + Exchange and Outlook user, launch Outlook to load ND components (look for ND buttons on the Home ribbon).
- If you or your firm is subscribed to Adobe Acrobat, integration is installed automatically with ndOffice. Visit this page to see how Acrobat works with NetDocuments.
1a) Clio User?
To have Clio create / link matters to NetDocuments follow these steps:
- Log into to Clio
- Click on the gear icon in the Clio navigation panel to open the Settings panel.
- Got to “Documents” in the first column and select “Document Sources” in the horizontal menu.
- Once in this screen scroll down and choose “Configure NetDocuments”
- If you are not logged into NetDocs, you may be prompted, follow the prompts to allow access and create the connection.
- Now you will see Clio is linked to NetDocuments. You will also see the area to “Make NetDocuments the default document source”, meaning it will show up as the first tab when you open any “Documents” tab in Clio. You will also see the “Select NetDocuments Cabinet” choice where you must choose a Cabinet in NetDocuments to set up the integration in. Choose your firm’s Client Work cabinet.
- Finish and return to Clio Manage.
2) Configuring Chrome (preferred browser for NetDocuments)
- Open Chrome and log in to your NetDocuments Account
- Go to your name in the top right (Hi, “Adriana”) – then Settings > Application Settings….they should look like this:
3) Installing NetDocuments and Office Apps on Your iPhone or iPad
Be sure to visit and read this resource page from NetDocuments about their mobile apps and how they work.
- Search for the ND app for your iPhone, iPad, or Android devices in respective app stores. Quick links:
ND apps for iOS it on the iTunes app store
ND app for Androids on the Google Play Store
- Download, install and log into Microsoft Office apps for mobile devices. You should be logging into those apps with your Office 365 account. Please note, at this time, there is NO direct integration between ND mobile and the Outlook mobile app (only Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as of now).
- To connect ND to Word: Open the Word app and navigate to “Open” > Add a Service > Find NetDocuments in the list and click to login using your ND credentials. Be sure you have logged into Word using your Office 365 credentials.
Training Guides and Videos
- NetDocuments Overview and Navigation
- Downloadable Quick Reference Guides:
- NetDocuments Support YouTube Page (12 tutorials)
- 2018 Demo for Pioneer (GREAT learning video, keeping in mind your firm may not have all the features shown in this video)